You've probably wondered how to remove background from image files on the web. With more images being digitized, there's more potential to make them available in high resolution online, but there's also more competition among picture sites for those keywords. So what should you do?
Basically, background elimination is the method by which an artist, in this case you, completely isolates the subject of a picture from the rest of the background so that the viewer can focus on that object. The process achieves a cleaner and easier image that helps focus on the object at hand. When you want to improve your website's search engine rankings and boost traffic, this is one tactic you should use. For example, if your picture is grainy and dull, you can upload a new image and improve its appearance. It's also possible to change the color of an image and adjust lighting to improve the appearance.
Background elimination takes a little more time and effort than uploading a new picture, but it's worth it. When you try to remove the background from an existing picture, it's tempting to just adjust the other parts of the photo without worrying about the background. While you may be able to adjust the colors or contrast, you can't touch the background. Here are some tips to help you get rid of background:
- When you already have an existing image, you can always remove the background, but be aware that it will become blurry. To remove the background, upload a new image and resize it to fit the page better. Then, use a solid color to draw the background or use a gradient to give the picture depth. To erase a background completely, upload a new image and use black & white filters to desaturate it.
- If you want to remove the background from an image quickly without a lot of fuss, copy paste the code given in the help section of Photoshop. There you'll find a code for removing backgrounds. However, bear in mind that you should not copy paste this code anywhere in your image editing software. This is because it may become lost in the thousands of codes available for editing images online. Instead, save the code, and then type it into the Photoshop workspace.
- One handy tool for removing backgrounds is the transparency tool. The transparency tool will allow you to make any image transparent. This will allow you to remove background while preserving the other details of your image. You can use this in conjunction with the gradient tool for a hand-drawn effect.
- One cool trick is to edit the Canvas to create new layers. However, while you're doing this, be careful as to which layer will turn into the background. By accident, you might end up with duplicate background (though you would only see this if you were to multiple images and try to edit them separately). To avoid this, upload the same picture in different sizes to the canva online service, and after saving the new file, convert the existing smaller picture into a canvas.
- Backgrounds can also be removed by cropping the image. By cropping the image, you are able to make the background larger or smaller. However, you need to make sure that the size of the new background is proportionate to the original background. In addition to this, the new background added should have an exact similar color as the original one.
- The third method, though not explained here, is to erase using the Free Transform tool. If you are familiar with Photoshop, you may have discovered Free Transform option. With Free Transform, you can easily remove image backgrounds. All you have to do is to choose the tool, click on the background, and then click the Move tool. Or to change the background transparency, simply click on the tool again. When it is turned on, the selected image backgrounds will be blurred.
- The fourth method is by using the Paintbrush. First, upload a new image into the canvas online service. Then select the Move tool, and point it at the new image. Afterward, click on the Edit window. Now, use the Paintbrush to paint over the selected area. When you want to restore the background, simply select the Paintbrush and select the Remove Background option.
These four methods are only among the many background removal options available in Photoshop. If you are interested, you should explore the other tools of Photoshop that allow for easy editing of the foreground and the background. Experiment to find out which method suits your taste best.